CNN-News18 (originally CNN-IBN) is an Indian English-language news television channel founded by Rajdeep Sardesai located in Noida, Uttar Pradesh. It is currently owned by Network 18. CNN provides international coverage for the channel, while Indian Broadcasting Network concentrates on Indian and local reports.
In May 2014, Reliance Industries announced it would be taking over Network18. The move was touted as "the biggest-ever deal in the Indian media space". Reliance Industries already had indirect control of the TV18 network by virtue of investments it made in Network18 starting from January 2012.
- News18 Headstart: Developing stories of the morning and newsworthy events
- 8 AM Express and The Morning News: two morning news shows that provides the latest news from around the world aimed at preparing the viewers for the day ahead. Hosted by rotating anchors.
- News18: a general news bulletin with live news updates throughout the day
- Afternoon Prime: A news review of the stories that made the headlines since morning and provides an overview of what lies ahead for the remainder of the day.
- India 360: a 30-minute news bulletin covering national, international, business, sports, crime, and entertainment news in a fast-paced, crisp and concise manner, presented by senior associate editor Arunoday Mukharji. The show replaced News 360 on 24 April 2017. Airing at 8pm until 6 February 2018, when it was moved to 7:30pm.
- Late Night Edition: news bulletin that wraps up the important news of the day, with analyses of their possible impact
- News Epicentre and Epicentre Tonight: two late news shows focusing on topics that get lost in the heat and the noise of daily debates, presented by Deputy Political Editor Marya Shakil and Senior Editor Shreya Dhoundial respectively starting from 6 February 2018. They originally presented together on the Epicentre@7 show from 2 May 2017.
- The Crux: executive editor Anubha Bhonsle goes beyond the day's headlines. The show replaced The Last Word on 24 April 2017.
- Faceoff Tonight: Zakka Jacob fronts a face-off between newsmakers to take the unnecessary noise out of the facts. The show replaced India at 9 on 17 April 2017. Airing at 9pm until 6 February 2018, when it was moved to 8pm.
- Viewpoint: Executive Editor Bhupendra Chaubey has the day's top 5 biggest news. The show replaced Big 5 @ 10 in 17 April 2017. Airing at 10pm until 6 February 2018, when it was moved to 9pm.
- World View with Suhasini Haidar: hosted by Deputy Foreign Affairs Editor, Suhasini Haidar, a weekly analysis of top international stories, with a view on how India is affected by them, with analysis by foreign policy thinkers for debate on topical issues. The show was removed on 13 May 2014, as a result of her leaving.
- The Week That Wasn't: a 30-minute spoof on the major news events of the week. The show looks at the major stories of the week with a satirical tone. The host is Cyrus Broacha.
- Tech and Auto Show: India's first and biggest show in the genre of technology and automobiles. Consists of news, reviews and interviews along with feature coverage of content from both these industries. Hosted by Manav Sinha.
- Off Centre: The show feature unconventional personalities from all walks of life
- Now Showing: Bollywood news and gossip about Bollywood films, hosted by Entertainment Editor Rajeev Masand
Share This News